Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tru Blood

Sadly behind the times, I just saw the trailer for Alan Ball's latest HBO series, Tru Blood. The premise comes from a sci-fi angle with the invention of a new synthetic blood drink that allows Vampires to live out in the open in society along side humans, much to the dismay and fear of many (I smell a sociological metaphor). The main character is a psyche southern waitress, set in the vampire laden state of Louisiana.





(is it just me, or were there a few "Buffy" moments near the end of the trailer??? I wonder if Alan Ball is a Whedon fan?)

I really enjoyed Six Feet Under and American Beauty, so I'm stoked to find out if this series is just as good. Of course with SFU, I had the good fortunate of being waaaay behind the times and could watch the whole series on DVD with the course of a month or so. Now, being HBOless and unable to speed up time for tv watching purposes, I'm forced to see as much as I can on youtube, and wait around until they come out at the video store. Boo. I guess I could read the Sookie Stackhouse book series by Charlaine Harris that the show is based on, but won't that ruin the fun??

Has anyone seen the series? Is it good, bad, just okay?

No comments: